Friday, May 2, 2008

What it takes to make Personalized First Communion Bracelet?

It's Friday....
It's still a work day for me as I am catching up with First Communion bracelet orders.

My daughter was very curios with what I was doing. I was explaining to her that I'm making bracelet charms.
I love doing it because it's one of the most soothing time for me. As I put my magnifier on and poof... I turn to a "creative owl"

The most difficult part is making the charm, the personalized part. From designing,











hand stamping,












soldering,

cleaning, which takes probably most of the time compare to the stringing part. But I think that what makes it personal. Just like a caterpillar who turned to a beautiful butterfly... it takes the time and process to make it happen.

The picture shown is the charm in the process. It looks black after soldering process.









After "bathing" and thorough scrubbing, you'll find the charm in the bracelet like this...
What do you think?


Disclaimer: This article just to give an idea of general process in making hand stamp charm. It is not intended to replace the metal class instruction. Please consult your metal teacher for detail.

No comments: