- Straws ( got mine at a grocery store)
- Mini brads
- Paper punch (about 1/16" diameter)
- How to calculate a triangle if you know the angle and one of the length? If your students are high school, you can use trigonometry.
- Triangle is the strongest and more economical shape. Talk about angles in a triangle
- Constraints. My straw length is about 7". The longest straw should be no longer than the material.
Cut straws to 2 sizes:
Green: 5.5" ( about 35 pieces)
Blue: 4.6" ( about 30 pieces )
Hole punch both ends and connects it with brads.
Then connect horizontal lines using green straws. Then add the vertical blue straws as pictured.
Connect the last brad.
You made a model from straw. Want to be more creative? Instead of straw, try using rolled newspaper... See how big it can get.