Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Wedding anniversary gift idea.

I learned that Eighth wedding anniversary gifts could be pottery, bronze or even linen or lace.

I have an idea what I want for the gift. I want a functional items, made from pottery, with the dates and names on it preferable, stamped not painted. I have been trying to find a clay thrower from Etsy and beyond. Most couldn't make it because they need about 1 month to deliver. I'm towards the edge of frustration and start thinking alternatives.

I suddenly remember a pottery store in downtown Waukesha and spoke to Michael from the Potter's shop . I explained to him what I wanted, the size, the color, the writing and the date when I need it. It turns out that he could make it for me, by the date I needed. Wow... he made my day.

The mug turned out to be what I expected. The part I love, other than it's personalized mug, is the thumb rester. It made holding the mug so very comfortable.

Thank you Michael for your help to make my idea a reality.

No comments: