Friday, May 30, 2008

A trip to Mackinac Island take three...

The vacation is too short. Like it or not, we got to go back home.

We spent the last hours walking around the area. I like Mackinaw Crossings best as it has stores, attractions, cinema, playgrounds within one area. It's just like an open air shopping mall...
I bought local souvenir and soap at Mackinaw City soap.

As we were driving along the northern part of Michigan lake, we saw a storm coming our way. The lighting looks so amazing. I tried to take the lighting picture, but of course, it's always too late.... This is the closet one. To the left, you can see the bright light from the lighting.

We stopped just before the border to get dinner. As we were about to leave, another storm band was heading our way. This one arrived with hails.

I'm glad we arrived home safely. It was very tiring but refreshing...
If we were to go there again, I would spend at least 2 days on the island. There are some places we didn't see like the Grand Hotel tour and historic tours. I still yet to eat more local food.

I've been to Martha's Vineyard. I think I like Mackinac Island better as it's so unique with no motorized vehicle... Besides, it's so much closer to us...
As for a place to stay, I'd stick with chain hotels that is close to the downtown area.

Hm... where do you think we should go for a vacation next?

1 comment:

Sugarloaf said...

Welcome back! Glad to hear you enjoyed your time off!