Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Seoul Korean Restaurant Milwaukee Review


Inspired by Ratatouille, I started to pay close attention on the food I ordered in the restaurants. How does it taste, how do they present it, how is the atmosphere... Well, I'm not a food critic like Anton Ego,.. I'm just a mom with 2 children who likes to eat good food.

Last week, we went to Seoul Korean Restaurant in Milwaukee. It's located on prospect street in Milwaukee. The restaurant is a medium size, I'd say it could fit about 50 or more. The room color is red and yellow on top with contrasting blue/red lamp hanging on top. There are a lot of Korean dolls decorations on the window. It feels like a family friendly restaurant.

We arrived a bit after 5 pm. There were already a couple dining. I ordered Bul-go-ki, my husband ordered Bibimbop. My daughter order kids menu chicken bul-go-ki while the baby ordered potsticker. We also had Korean Citrus Honey tea which is so wondefully tasty. It's sweet and citrusy taste.

My Bul-go-ki comes in a hot plate with fixings on the side including lettuce, bean paste, sesame oil, rice and egg drop soup. I suppose to eat it with paste bean, sesame oil, wrapped in lettuce with rice. The lettuce is very refreshing. The beef is very tasty. I'm not too crazy with the soup.

Hubby likes his bibimbop. He thought it reminds me his everyday cold lunch. I like mine better. The kids...well the baby eats halfway before she starts screaming and wants to eat her crackers. The older eats the chicken bul-go-ki without the rice. In short, I can't speak for the kids.

The waitresses are very friendly. There are at least 2 waitresses who is always checking on us. They like to play with the kids. It's flattering, but I think at one point it gets to be a little bit annoying.

We ended our dinner with green tea ice cream. We got a mochi green tea ice cream - not quite what I expected. I want the real green tea ice cream.

Overall experience is good. The food is tasty, the price is affordable, the atmosphere is OK. I like the fact that they have kids menu. And yes, we'll come back for more...

No comments: