Monday, December 8, 2008

Lessons learn from little people


Few weeks ago my daughter showed me a certificate in her hand with her picture on it.
It says that she received this NED award because she is doing her best. Great...!
I remember reading about NED at the school flier few months ago. It's an activity that encourage children to do their best... and learns to play yo-yo.

The next few days, instead of picking her up in the parking lot, I went inside.
I didn't really grasp the scale until I saw the board, where they published all the awards the students got. As I was reading the award individually, I then realized that she was the first three students from her class who got the award.

My heart was filled with pride. So I told her that she could do anything she wants to celebrate her achievement.

I was ready to spend a certain amount of money as I was thinking that she was going to choose going to ChuckE.Cheese's or Stonefire Pizza, Ice cream or any other entertainment places.
Instead, she asked for a family game night. A night that we used to have in Summer when the days were not too hectic. She wants to play monopoly.

If felt that I just got a kick on my behind. Parents, well I, tend to spend money to make a child happy. It proof, that it's not always the case. They need your time.
Especially with Christmas coming up, may be you should start thinking spending time with them instead of getting new toys.

What do you think?


PS:
I strive to do my best to be the best mom for my children. Childhood never comes back.
Which means... less time for blogging...
In case you don't see me blog that often ( I try to blog at least twice a week ), I hope you understand why...

No comments: