Monday, August 25, 2008

Stonewood Village Art Fair

Wow... where do I start... I had a blast in this fair.
Well... let me start from the beginning.

Stonewood village art fair located in Brookfield, is held in the beautiful New England style Village setting of restaurants, shops, winding paths, and central plaza. This year, there are 90 artists displaying fine jewelry, glass, wood, garden art, sculpture, painting, drawing, photography, pottery and fiber art. I am one of the artist displaying in this art fair...

The weather forecast was scattered thunder storm for Saturday. Not good for outdoor shows. The show must go on... rain or shine...

We set our canopy on Friday evening... I met a fellow artist whom is also setting up similar tent. I use an EZ up. We both tie it down really tight and keep our finger crossed that the wind won't blow it away.

Saturday morning was wet. The traffic was slow. Amazingly, there are some brave art goers that came armed with umbrellas. Then later in the afternoon, the weather turned out to be sunny and muggy.


Sunday morning was sunny...! The traffic was very good. I met old friends from MATC, I met fellow artist, I met new interesting people.

I enjoy meeting people, taking pictures and selling... wow... what can I ask for more.

I met new friends Debbie Radke, Paula Sparks and Jessey Jansen of Little lady .
Best of all... I really enjoy the day.

Next time you're in town, don't forget to stop by Stonewood Village Art Fair...

No comments: