Monday, August 4, 2008

Cajun Fest 2008

Summer... got so much activities going on, we have to pick and choose what to do.
This weekend, we decided to go to Cajun Fest.

Several years ago, three of GE ( or ex GE ) guys decided to get together and have a Cajun theme picnic. The rule is simple. Everyone bring a dish to share and say hello to new people they meet.
Everyone thought it was a great idea. So, it has become an annual festival among us. Now it's grown to not only from GE or ex GE, it expanded to friends, family and anyone who knows anybody who they think may enjoy the picnic.
Long story short, we had one last weekend. Towards the end of the day, it has always been an award given to the most spicy food ( other than the organizer ), most sweet, most creative... well, you get the idea.

With my background, making spicy food should be a no brainer. I have been trying making a good spicy food with Southern touch for those few years but never got the award.

Today, I got the most spicy food award.... I receive a t shirt with Cajun Fest logo, which is new this year and a red towel. Whoo hooo

I still feel jumpy like jumping beans. My tummy still feels full with those yummy food everyone share.... and I wrote a blog about it.

What a fun weekend....

Here are some pictures of the fest
Really no kidding...
Craw fish boil
Alligator cake by Penny L

No comments: