Friday, July 11, 2008

Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore


As part of our vacation, we decided to drive to Michigan.
We spent a day at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. The most impressive part is Pierce Stocking drive, where I took this picture.

The picture on the top is looking north, where you could see the dome shape ( The Sleeping Bear) with 450 feet drop to Lake Michigan. It has a great view.

To get a comparison how deep the drop is, please look the picture on the bottom.


Some people tried to go down, but I decided to stay put. I had experience with the Dune Climb which is just about 110 feet high, and I already felt extremely exhausted.

This picture taken only half way from the Dune Climb. My daughter passed my and she's already on the top while I'm catching my breath.
Well... I could say that I have to carry the baby with me...
Anyway,... it was fun, hot day...
More to come...

No comments: