Saturday, January 1, 2011

New years, new memories

It has been our tradition to donate our good condition, unused items to Goodwill every year. It usually happen somewhere in December, some time after Christmas. We use big boxes we got from Christmas gifts as a container for the items ( see Greener Christmas blog).

It gives us an opportunity to a "cleaner" home to prepare for new year and also close our past chapters. This year, we have a lot of children items to donate. Our baby has grown. In a way, it's good, but I also feel sad to see she's no longer a baby that would fit her baby clothes.

No more diaper bag or diaper pad needed. No more sleep sacks needed. No more baby toys needed. No more baby shoes needed. If I could, I would save most of them, but then I think someone else can use the item. So, I was torn between which ones to give out and not.

Most items are out, only a few with sentimental memories stays. Like the dress she wore when she came home from hospital, her first birthday dress and a few tiny things I hope to hand it down to her when she has her own baby...

As I was driving out from Goodwill, I had mixed feelings, leaving my old memories there, but I thought I've made a good decision.

No comments: