Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Red Coral Necklace for Kimberly Gomez of Impeccable Image






When designing a necklace, artists sometimes needs to include a person factor. Just like a clothes, you have to think if the person is going to be a petite size or a larger size.

I tend to make a small jewelry, something simple yet elegant. Kimberly Gomez from Impeccable Image needs a jewelry that make a statement. Her favorite color is red.
Big necklaces is not quite in my comfort zone. But I thought it's a great challenge for me.

Based on that requirements, I looked for red, big beads. I found coral is a perfect red, big beads. But the problem with is the beads tends to be a bit heavy. I decided to combine with different size. Just red is fine, but, if I can combine that with other color like purple, orange, or yellow, that would make the color more interesting.

Finally, I want to make something wide yet I want to avoid a double strand necklace.
By doing dangles on the necklace, it will create an imaginary line that makes the necklace looks wider on the bottom.




So, here's the picture of the necklace and the matching earrings. I think it will truly make a statement for a very sophisticated person.

PS: Kimberly is going to wear this necklace on "What's Hot" at TMJ 4, Thursday Jan 12, 2011.
Don't miss it...


Here's the link:
http://www.todaystmj4.com/features/whatshot/113498289.html?video=pop&t=a&bctid=CLIP_ID_472333

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! It's so excellent when an artist branches out and tries something new. I think you found a new way to express you creativity and talent, Conny