Saturday, August 29, 2009

Akihabara experience

o

When we were in Japan, we stopped in Akihabara. We took the train to Akihabara and found local map. Even though it's crumpled, I thought it's good enough for picture. There are a lot of electronic stuff, Sony, Ipod, ... etc which I'm not too interested in. I was looking for Japan souvenirs.


There are many duty free shops. It's 5% tax free as long as you bring your passport and buy 10,001 yen or more ( currently, around $100). There is a small 100 yen store, or equivalent to a dollar store, inside Tsukuba station next do Mc.Donalds.
There're not too many varieties in that dollar store, but it's OK if you are looking for $1 local items.

If I remember it right, most store closes at 8. We arrived at around 5, get oriented, walked and shop... Three hours passed so fast. If you would like to walk around the area, I think you need more than 3 hours.

No comments: