Tuesday, August 11, 2009

What to do in Narita?


Few weeks ago, we went to overseas. In the next few blogs, I will share our experience going to Indonesia and Japan.

I had a 20 hours transit in Japan on my way to Indonesia and stayed at Nikko Narita Hotel. There are not too many things to do around the area but we found out they have a shuttle to go to Narita City. Armed by a map and shuttle schedule, we decided to check out the city.

The shuttle drop us off in front of Comfort Hotel, right by Keisei Station. We took the stairs up and found the train station. Coming from the US, I'm amazed to see Mc Donald's ad right in front of the station... We took a right turn and then left where we could cross a bridge.

It is a nice small town to walk. They have many kind of restaurants around the area, a temple, shops. When we arrived, most of the shops are closed. They have few vending machines on the street which looks so similar than the on in the US. So,... I got to take the picture...


We were looking for local food... so we stopped by Ramen Bayashi for dinner. It's good and reasonably priced. In case you don't speak Japanese, don't worry. They have pictured menu, so you could easily point out what you like.

I still have our crumpled map. I don't have a scanner... I hope this helps give an idea of Narita City.

In case you need to go to Narita airport, you can catch a train from Keisei to Narita. Children elementary school or younger are free. If you're not sure, just ask.
I think for International, you have to go to Terminal 2.
Enjoy the trip...

No comments: