Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Wet felting for Spring Break activity


Every year, I have activities prepared for Spring Break. No,... it's not going to the beach and armed with sun tan lotion... it's activities entertain an 8 years old.

I learned about wet felting from Crunchy Parents. Guess what? This year activity is.... wet felting.

We did 3 projects today. Felted soap, felted ball and felted vessel. I expected that there might be some failure during this process. I agree, the wet felting is so a forgiving process and it turned out so much better than expected.

The felted vessel is my favorite. I cut the top part of the vessel with my intention to use it as a lid. As I was admiring my first vessel piece, a idea came to my mind. I blew a balloon and drew two googly eyes... voila... it reminds me of ...Sherlock Holmes...


Despite the wet floor, I think we all agree "Wet felting is Elementary, my dear Watson!"

No comments: