Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Blog Contest: What are you going to do with the money you get from Uncle Sam?


OK... tax season is done... yippee...

Now I'm waiting for the return and the 'economic stimulus' check from Uncle Sam. As a married couple with 2 children, I'm expecting about $1,800...
I have some idea what to do with it. I want to get myself a bike have fun with it this summer.

I have been listening to the Nightly Business Report on suggestions on what to do with the check from Uncle Sam, which including paying your debt, saving and investing. Hm... I think I could splurge myself a bit..., right?

Just for curiosity, I would like to have a small survey, kind of have an idea what are you going to do with you money. It's just for fun... no string attached.

To make thing even more fun, you could win ONE lady bug pendant.

Just leave comments (at least from 3 different users) by May 28, 2008 and I will draw the winner. Check back on my blog on May 29 to see the winner announcement. You have 2 weeks to claim your winning item. You have to live in the US.

Have fun...

8 comments:

Taleri said...

I voted. I have a lot to pay off.

Rebecca D. Dillon said...

Ha. I wish I could spend it. We get back the full amount for two adults and a child, but we owed $3K this year. Our economy booster? Well, it's gonna pay my estimated federal tax for the next two quarters. Unfortunately it's not enough to also cover state. :(

tjmetz said...

We plan on putting most of our stimulus check towards bills & whatever is left over, hubby and I are using for an anniversary trip.

bigib said...

Congratulations on your Anniversary...

ZenithJade said...

Paying bills, a small splurge, and donating to a worthy cause. =^.^;=

<3,
~Andrea

MineFull said...

Ha, I'll guess I'll have a lot of company paying off debt! Seems to be the most popular as of now. We just bought a "new" used car and lo and behold a costly part went on it and needs to be replaced (no, we don't have a warranty on it :(
But, your lady bug pendants are very very cute :)
-Jenniffer

P. Lee said...

Well - the checks have so far gone to paying off debt - when I get the big $600 one - it goes to help pay for my brother's wedding - nothing too exciting unfortunately!

Caitlin said...

meh. I voted other, because I didn't have enough income to get a check.
:D

although, I did use my tax refund for fun movies and cds...