Sunday, December 19, 2010

Why do you need an image consultant?




At first, I was skeptical. An image consultant? Why do I need her? I can always go shopping, buy a new outfit I like and done... right?
Well... it's not that simple.

I decided I needed a help from Kimberly Gomez, an image consultant from Impeccable Image, LLC to help me with an very important event, a gallery opening night at Museum of Wisconsin Art in January.


I emailed her the dresses I liked, so she knows my style. Then, we meet at Boston Store at a certain date and time. She's already there when I arrived and she's very professional.

In an hour, I already have 10-12 dresses tried out and narrowed down to three. Then, we head out to look for boots. She pointed out which boots that would fit my outfit and why it would looks good on me and which ones that are not. We narrowed down to two boots. She's such a queen of a deal. She could snatch out nice boots with best value price.
Then she help me choose a couple tights.

I was looking for coupons in the Sunday paper and none of those has coupons for the day I needed. Guess what, she's also prepared with a printed online coupons for me!

Towards the end, she even talked about how's my hair, make up and purse should be. At home, even my hubby agreed that it was worth the effort.

Now, why do you need an image consultant?

1. A trained people (not a mirror) will be able to see what are your strengths and weaknesses. How would a dress fits your body well from the back, front, side and you personally. Best, she knows how to match up with the event.

2. You think you know your style? Try again. After this experience, you will amaze to find out how the dress you thought "it's not you" would be a "perfectly you"

3. Never in my life I can try out 12 dresses in an hour. If I would do it myself, I probably would spend 1.5 hours just to choose the dress and another half to try it on.

4. She's your girl friend and more. Kimberly has a pleasant personality that you thought you've know her for ages. She's honest with her opinion and you can count on it.

And yes... next time I need to revamp my outfit, not only for parties but also for working outfits, I will sure think about her.

That's truly one best experience I've ever had.

1 comment:

Agepe said...

nice post. i like it