Thursday, December 30, 2010

Home made monster spray


My 3 years old thinks there's a monster in her closet. She doesn't want to sleep by herself. I remember that my friend told me there's monster pray that is guarantee to scare even the scariest monster.

I happen to have an almost empty glass cleaning spray bottle, about 2 oz. volume. I remember reading about home made atomizer. After emptying the bottle, I filled about 3/4 of the bottle with rubbing alcohol that I got at a pharmacy. I happen to have lavender essential oil. I put in a few drops, shake the bottle and label it ( so no one will accidentally use it as glass cleaning solution) .

I tested and I could smell lavender. I ended up adding more lavender oil because I want it to be more "potent"

So far, it works well. My daughter do believe it is potent and she will sleep by herself at night. She believe it works as she can smell the scent. I some time use it in my room too, just to give a nice smell.

I learned one of the lavender essential oil benefit is remove nervous tension. So, it helps soothes my daughter to sleep.

Best of all, it's cheap... nothing beats home made... :)
Wouldn't you agree?

No comments: