Friday, June 18, 2010

Loveland, Boulder, Aspen


Before we leave Loveland, we stopped by Loveland post office to mail a post card. Loveland is known for sweet heart valentine card.

We visited CSU for picture taking. Then we drove to Boulder to meet my elementary school friend, Gaby

Forrest Gump famous quote, "Life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get" it's kind of true for me.

Three years ago, after I named my baby Gabrielle, I remember that I had a friend named Gaby. Who would have thought, about 2 years later, I found her on the internet and today we are going to meet her.

We then continue our trip to Aspen. We decided to take independent pass to get to Aspen. It was another breathtaking view with me gasping for breath. Luckily, hubby drove the car and he barely have problem with mountain sickness.

Finally, we arrived in Aspen. Aspen lighting is so dimmed. They do have Mc.Donalds, but don't expect you will find their yellow arch. Because we arrive close to 9 and it was a holiday, the only place open was the gas station snack bar. That's was the best dinner for us.






Mountain Chalet is an interesting place to stay. It's owned by the Melville family since 1954. The décor makes you feel like in an “European chalet” It has pool, sauna, exercise room, laundry room, breakfast room in the basement and rooms facing indoor or outdoor the building. Best, it has underground parking and wifi. It located very strategically in the middle of Aspen. It's one block from the bus station, right across Wagner park and few blocks from Silver Queen gondola.

It also the first lodging I found that they put a comment envelope so you could give gratitude to the house keeper or they will dived up for every one.

They provided free breakfast, egg croissant and sausage... Did I say sausage? Yes... some people needs coffee to wake up. I need good hearty breakfast... Will continue next.

No comments: