Sunday, June 6, 2010

First stop, West Valley Inn, Des Moines, IA


In the next few weeks, I 'm going to share my travel experience from WI to CO driving with small children. We decided to go during Memorial Day weekend. We left of Friday after school and head to our first stop, Des Moines, IA.

Armed with cooler, DVD player, CD, Nintendo, snacks and juice, we head our 6 hours drive to IA. I packed dinner, Japanese Omisubi. It's easy to eat and compact. We take turns driving and eating so we can eat in the car so we won't loose our driving time.

What we needed was a hotel or motel that is close to highway, where we could have a rest and go.

We stayed at Valley West Inn with 2 queen bed. The hotel fits the bill. I'm not too crazy with green hallway with redish carpet and I think they need to replace stairs carpet

Despite of the carpet, I'm surprise to find the room is pretty spacious for 2 queen bed, the bed and pillow is very nice for sleeping.Although they don't provide free breakfast, they provided microwave and refrigerator. It was fine with us because we have some left over dinner.

I had a good rest and ready to head to Loveland, Colorado.

No comments: