Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Chiyogami Paper Magnetic Bookmark, A Unique Gift For Travelers and Readers


Since I was in Architecture school, I admire papers. At one time, I was able to tell the weight and quality of the paper just by touching. So when I was in Indonesia for summer, I just have to buy some hand made papers from Indonesia which has beautiful texture and color. And when I was in Japan, I bought some beautiful Washi papers.

I decided to make
Magnetic Washi Paper Bookmark.
This idea came because I sometimes lost my bookmark if I accidentally grab the book in the wrong way. Not only that, with a 3 years old at home, she plays with my stuff, dropped my book and I lost the last page I read. This magnet book marker stays in the last page I read even though the baby dropped the book.

The size is about 1" x 3". It comes in many different color and pattern. Each bookmark is stamped with artist's name in Japanese characters/ Hanko (not pictured).
It's truly one of a kind piece.

It's great for reading in public transportation, car, beach, anywhere you travel as you don't have worry your bookmark accidentally slipping away. Great gift for travelers and readers...

To learn more about this, please visit http://bigib.etsy.com

No comments: