Saturday, March 5, 2011

A short trip to JFK Library and Museum

Last week, I had a chance to fly to Boston to visit a family. I took this opportunity to visit JFK library and museum at Columbia Point.

It is one of the building I admire when I was in architecture school. IM Pei designed this building and I intended to see it myself. I stayed in Braintree, MA and stayed in a hotel in the area.

When I arrived in Logan airport, I took Logan Express to Braintree . It costs $12 one way. There, my cousin pick me up to the hotel. After we are done with the family engagement, she brought me back to the hotel.


I stayed at Extended Stay America, Braintree. My plan is to take the T to JFK Library and then head to Logan Airport. There is a bus stop within a walking distance that would take me to the T (red line).

It cost me $2 to go to JFK/UMass Station and another $2 to Logan. There is a shuttle (number 2) that would take you to JFK library. If you're not sure, the station police is very friendly. There are signs, so you should be able to find it.

It took me about 1-2 hours to walk around the museum. Of course, I got to take pictures... of the building. I then had lunch, stop by the museum store and head back to the T.


I get off at South Station to transfer to SL1 that would take me directly to Logan. It took about 1 good hour from JFK to Logan.

Next time you are in Boston area and have hours between your flights, you may want to try going to JFK Library.

What do you think?





No comments: