Thursday, May 20, 2010

Oobleck Recipe For A Fun Summer Activity


During Meadowbrook Science week, teachers showed children some simple science.
My daughter came home and told me about "Oobleck". Oobleck I remember was a story from Dr. Seuss, "Bartholomew and the Oobleck".

She told me the teacher made one and she got the recipe.
With my curiosity, we decided to make oolbeck. This is one great activity for summer too...

Here is the recipe:
1 1/2 to 2 cups corn starch
1 cup water
food coloring (optional)

It looks and feels liquid but if you give a pressure, it turns solid. Of course, the baby wants to play with it. Well.... I have to admit I played with it too... I think I played it when I was little, but I think it was called something different.

I recommend playing it the deck as you can hose it down when it gets messy.
Sounds like you're ready to be a scientist...

No comments: