Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines' Day...



My daughters are so excited for V day party. Coming from school, they came back home with a bag full of V day's treat... candies and card... It feels like Halloween...

I checked on the calendar just to make sure that it is February and Valentine's day. It used to be just cards... nowadays I see more and more stores carry Valentine's day cards and candy.

Just my curiosity, I searched the history of Valentine's day. Valentine cards didn't start until 1840. It was made from lace known as "scrap". I guess centuries later, it evolved to be a Valentine candy? or Valentine chocolate?

I'm pretty much indifferent whether it's candy or card. I think the most important thing is the thought behind it. BTW.. I'm still up for chocolate...:)

What do you think? What would you like to receive as a Valentine gift?

No comments: