Thursday, April 24, 2008

Wooden Apple Puzzle, Teachers' gift idea.


As school year is almost over, you may be start thinking for teachers' gift idea for the class.
Well... I've been there... so I thought I would like to share my experience.

About 3 years ago, I volunteered to coordinate teachers' appreciation gift. As we all moms were discussing, what can we give the teachers as a thank you gift, we came up with the idea that the gift should somehow made by the children but it has to be something that easy to coordinate and has some cohesiveness.

We had a puzzle idea as each kids could make or decorate its own piece. Not so much like the ones in the craft store, but something more sturdy.... what might it be? A wooden apple puzzle... but how do I get it? it is a mission impossible?

I approached a Dave and Judy Peterson from Fantaminals to help accomplish the mission. As I explained Judy what I needed, an apple puzzle with at least 16 puzzle pieces (16 children) so each child could decorate or write their names.
She came up with this design ( as seen in the Scroll Saw Woodworking & Craft magazine, Spring 2007, issue 26 p. 56 ....)

The kids were excited that they can write their names on it, the teacher was thrilled with the puzzle they can use in the class and the moms were all happy with the result.
Thanks Judy...

No comments: