Thursday, December 15, 2011

How to choose a boots




Well... may be the title is a bit general. I think I should say how I chose a boots. Well... here's how it all begin.

I decided I want a boots for my birthday gift. Not any boots... I want a cowgirl boots with lots of intricate details on the shaft, with heels that looks like a true cowgirl boots and comfortable. Hubby got one for me but not quite what I have in mind. I decided to go to Sheplers

Originally, I'm looking for $40-50 boots. After walking in the store, I realized it won't get me anywhere. There's one Old West Corona Boots that is around $60 but they didn't have my size. So, I have to order one.

The lady in the store helped measure my feet. I'm standing up straight, with the socks on, I saw my toes is touching line number 7 and about 1/16" more. The lady in the store said I'm 7 or 7.5, B or C. ( I have a wide feet). I ordered 7.5 B.

It shipped to my house. I tried it on. It looks great, but few minutes later, I feel something is hurting my toes.... I walked around the house, something is not quite right.

I decided to shop for more boots. With Black Friday is coming, I keep looking for some more options online.

There is one that caught my eye. Ariat Heritage Leather Cowboy Boots- J-toe, Wingtip. It has intricate detail, the color I liked and it was on sale. I decided to buy one and shipped it to my house. It wowed me the minute it came out the box,... I put it on... I walked... and it ouched me. It has a nice sole, nice perfect look I was looking for, but it hurts my toes, again...

Three times is a charm... right? I decided to go to Sheplers again and talked more about how to choose a boots.
I have a wide feet. My option would be square toes instead of pointy toes. Not all square toes are made equal. I tried Ariat Legend square toe, it's still hurts. Looking at my feet, I may need to find a wide square toe shoes.


Heel... I want to have a comfortable everyday boots... I learned there is a cowboy heel and roper heel. The cowboy heel is made for easy horse riding. It looks nicer to me.. but I need the boots for everyday use, not so much for riding.

Sole... Ariat has a special sole technology. It really feels like the sole is gripping your feet.
It feels a very comfortable sole. I would have chose Ariat if only it didn't squeeze my toes.

Shaft... ah... that's where the beauty lies... It shows the details of the boot maker.

After returning Ariat, I finally settled on Boulet Boots. The sole is not as cushy as Ariat's but my toes are happy. I figured, if necessary, I could buy Ariat foot bed or get Dr. Scholl insoles. In addition to that, I love the details and the color of the Boulet Boots.


No comments: