Thursday, October 30, 2008

Twenty five things about me.


1. I was named after English TV show host, Connie and Walter.
2. Yes, my name is Conny. Not Constance.
3. When I was a kid, I used to climb our roof to play kite with my next door neighbor kid. I earned Architectural Engineering degree and then developed a "fear of heights".
4. I love working in a team, dealing with many different projects and seeing the result. Working for Arthur Andersen was the best job I've ever had.
5. I listened to podcast  (Nightly Business Report and Marketplace money )while making jewelry.
6. I love mushrooms including morel mushroom. I can't imagine life without it...
7. I never follow recipe other than baking.
8. I moved a lot. From Jakarta, Bandung, Jakarta, San Francisco, Jakarta, Milwaukee, Broomfield. Food are usually the things I missed the most. Indonesian rice noodle soup is my favorite food (bihun bakso).
9. I'm impatient. I'm a fast learner. I like to try new things. I like to learn new things.
10. I drink tea not coffee. I drink Coke... sometimes Pepsi.
11. In my purse, you'll find baby diaper, pepper spray and dental floss.
12. I'm a night person. Most of my designs "popped" at night.
13. I'm very good in finding directions. Just give me a map and I can direct you where to go.
14. Indonesian is my native language. I learned English when I was 8. I would speak in Dutch to my mom for something secret.
15. The first song I sang was "Hey Jude". I was 18 months old.
16. I never crawled. My first born didn't crawl either...
17. I'm a planner. I even have a plan of things I need to do before I exit from this world.
18. I've been in the situation where I have to choose life or death. I chose the first.
19. I learned that life is like riding a bike. You can choose how fast or how slow you're riding, sometimes you have to climb up or down hill on a paved or gravel trails. It's full of choices.
20. I like wearing comfortable clothes. It tends to be jeans and t-shirt including when I go to Church.
21. My dream is to travel around the world. I traveled to Australia, Europe, America, some Asia... Anyone wants to take me to Antarctic and Africa...?
22. I buy things I need. I use things until it breaks. It's contagious as my daughter starts preaching the same thing to me.
23. I share a house with a husband, 2 daughters and a fish.
24. I'm happy. I'm blessed.
25. Yes, I'm a Halloween baby. Tomorrow, I'm turning "bleep...".

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday! I also prefer comfortable clothes, but I think it's fun to dress up every once in awhile too. Either way, I tend to stick to the "classics" (dark-wash jeans, fitted tees, pencil skirts, etc.).

Thanks for posting this list about yourself.